Marketing Executive (12 Month Maternity Cover)
About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and ambitious marketing executive to join our growing marketing team, based at our Bolton head office.
You’ll be working alongside our marketing manager and senior marketing manager to plan and deliver high profile campaigns across our appliances and tech product range, with a focus on activating our media plans and campaign activity.
With a focus on driving new customers to AO, you’ll be responsible for working with a variety of teams and external agencies. From working with our media agency on the latest media schedule, to working with our creative team on a radio advert, no two days are the same here at AO, so the right candidate will be self-motivated and willing to get stuck in with whatever comes their way. This is an ever-evolving team with opportunities to get involved in a variety projects, so we’re looking for someone who will relish the challenge!
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· Support our media team in the planning and execution of all our media activity, inclusive of TV, Radio, Print and Content Articles
· Work with our media agency on day-to-day planning and execution of media plans
· Work with the creative team on briefs for all media activity, ensuring that creative is tailored to platform
· Work with our trade marketing team on marketing briefs, being the point of contact for feedback on activity
· Working with our commercial team to get their recommendations on media opportunities
· Researching and staying up to date with new trends and advances within the industry, being the expert within the team.
· Own competitor insights for media channels, sending weekly and monthly reports
A Few Things About You
- At least 1 years’ experience working in a media agency or as a marketing assistant
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude, proactive and tenacity to always look for better ways
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- A people person who can build relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Passionate about all things marketing with the desire to be an expert in the field.
- Energetic, creative, enthusiastic and proactive.
- Good organisation skills, creative flair and the confidence to express your ideas.
- Analytical and results driven, constantly looking for opportunities to improve performance.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.